22 April 2009

Still Lovin' No-Knead Bread!

It's been two months since I last posted and I'm still loving Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.

I've settled on a favorite dough recipe for everyday use--the light wheat. Instead of 6.5 cups of white flour, one of those cups is whole wheat. Just enough to give it a tan glow.

In addition to bread, I've continued to enjoy making way-better-than-Thomas' English muffins. Pita and dinner rolls have both turned out well, though I'll improve each with another batch or two. And, twice I've been able to make fabulous pizza on the spur of the moment because I had dough in the fridge waiting for inspiration.

I've also gotten pretty good at making bagels, though they seem to "deflate" as they cool. Still experimenting with that...

A recent blog post on their website discusses making naan (actually, it's paratha), and I'm looking forward to trying it.

I don't eat a lot of bread in general. But I'm really enjoying that the bread products I make are easy, fun, fast, fresh, and have few ingredients.

Thanks, Jeff and Zoë!

No comments:

Post a Comment